The Research Symposium is a great opportunity to share your research with other researchers and learn about their studies. The main purpose of the symposium: bring researchers together, discuss their projects, and offer a platform for networking.
Research Symposium - program
|09:00||Welcoming remarks by Bodil Ørkild|
|09:10||Oral presentation first session of the competition – Four presentations of eight minutes| Chair: Ann Møller
- Anton Friis Mariager: Prevalence and time of closure of Open Ductus Arteriosus in term born neonates.
- Casper Kjærsgaard Nielsen: Ready-to-use dasiglucagon corrects postprandial hypoglycaemia in Roux-en-Y gastric bypass-operated individuals.
- Charlotte Näslund Koch: Smoking is an independent but not a causal risk factor for psoriasis: results from a Mendelian randomization study.
- Gustav Gede Nervil: Doctors Diagnostic Accuracy improved by digital patient cases through education mobile application.
|10:00||Coffee break – meet your fellow researchers|
|10:30||Research battle – who will win the votes? |
During the next 10 years Artificial Intelligence/Big Data will replace Randomized Trials as the gold standard to produce evidence in clinical medicine: Yes or No
Søren Brunak, Professor of Disease Systems Biology, University of Copenhagen vs Paul Pharoah, Professor of Cancer Epidemiology, University of Cambridge.
Chair: Stig E Bojesen
|11:30||Lunch and networking|
|12:15 ||60 short electronic presentations on four stations distributed on Balkonen and in Store Mødesal |
Chair: Jesper Johannesen, Carsten Bogh Juhl, Barbara Juliane Holzknecht, Lisbet Hölmich
|13:30||Coffee break on Balkonen |
|13:55||Oral presentation second session of the competition – Four presentations of eight minutes |
- Jonathan Wenstrup: Dispatcher Stroke Recognition in Emergency Medical Call Centre and Out-of-Hours Services calls in Copenhagen, Denmark.
- Julie Nyholm Kyvsgaard: Infection burden mediates risk factors of asthma-like symptoms and predicts childhood asthma.
- Louis Lind Plesner: Estimating the impact of chest radiograph automation with artificial intelligence.
- Niklas Dyrby Johansen: High-dose versus stand.
Chair: Lone Skov
Online voting for best oral presentation.
|14:50||Short electronic presentation competition – Final with the four selected presentations|
Chair: Christina Kruuse
Online voting for best short electronic presentation.
|15:15||Chairman of the Capital Region of Denmark’s Research committee Carsten Scheibye will give an overview of the committee’s current focus areas.|
|15:25||Award ceremony and closing remarks by Bodil Ørkild|