Pregnancy and Childbirth
information about what we can offer you and your partner during pregnancy and after
Due to the Corona Pandemic the following must be observed:
This website is
constantly updated due to frequent changes.
- If you feel sick with, for example, dry cough, fever, difficulty breathing, muscle pain and sore throat, contact your own doctor or emergency doctor (tel. 1813).
- If you have an appointment for a pregnancy check-up and you or your partner / companion have symptoms of coronavirus or have tested positive for it, you must contact us before you show up. It is mandatory for us to know if you have symptoms of COVID-19 prior to your examination so that we can assess whether it is appropriate to postpone your appointment or whether we should perform the examination with special precautions.
The Department of
Gynecology, Pregnancy and Childbirth has introduced new restrictions to reduce
the risk of COVID-19 spreading again.
- Use of face masks is mandatory for outpatient check-ups, during ultrasound scans, in the midwife consultations, in Pregnancy Clinic 1 and in Maternity Clinic 1
Only one adult companion is allowed for you at your outpatient check-ups at the Department of Gynecology, Pregnancy and Childbirth. The presence of children is not allowed.
Restrictions on the number of companions allowed to join you in the Labour and Maternity ward
All pregnant women - and their partner/companion - are encouraged, from week 39 + 5 days of pregnancy, to be inoculated every other day until birth. The inoculation takes place at the 'Corona Podeklinik' at Herlev Hospital. Your partner/spouse
'Corona Podeklinikken' at Herlev Hospital
Borgmester Ib Juuls Vej 29 (Entrance marked with 29B)
Opening hours: All
days of the week at
16:15-18:00 (last arrival: 17:30). It is not necessary to book an
- If You have a planned induction of labour, the inoculation is to be performed the day before, so the result is present at the date of induction.
- For pregnant women with a planned caesarean section, the inoculation is to be performed two days before the caesarean section, so that the result is present at the time of admission.
If you have an appointment for induction or planned caesarean section, you will receive a message in your e-box with information regarding the inoculation.
- At the time of admission, the staff will check whether you have a valid - ie max 48 hours old - inoculation.
- If you give birth before 39 + 5, or for other reasons do not have a valid inoculation, the staff at the Labour ward will offer you inoculation.
- If Your partner/companion do not have a valid (max. 48 hours old) inoculation answer at the time of admission:
- At the time of admission, Your partner/companion must present us a valid - ie max 48 hours old - inoculation, from sundhed.dk
- If you give birth before 39 + 5, or Your partner/companion for other reasons do not have a valid inoculation, the staff at the Labour ward will arrange for inoculation.
(Webid:caac14b6-78b2-4049-b7c0-d718424e5115) ContentTypeId:0x010100C568DB52D9D0A14D9B2FDCC96666E9F2007948130EC3DB064584E219954237AF39009452EC1D623246A98E3D4F4B956DBBB600B52690698F9B4317A25D71E6FF9098B4* ( PublishingDate>1970-01-01) TaggedTags:* -